Dr.Vishnu Biradar is amongst the leading practitioner of Pediatric Gastroenterology,Hepatology & Nutrition specialist in India. Currently, he is practicing at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune since year 2010. He has a vast experience of treating abdominal, gastrointestinal, liver and nutritional diseases in children from birth to 18 years of age, which are unique to them as compared to adults. To mention few, he caters to children suffering from chronic diarrhea, recurrent/ chronic vomiting, bleeding in vomiting, abdominal pain, jaundice in neonates & children, liver cirrhosis, metabolic liver diseases, hepatitis B and C infection, acute/ chronic pancreatitis, food allergies like celiac disease, cow’ milk allergy, eosinophilic enteritis, blood in stool, IBD etc.
Our hospital has well equipped center for pediatric endoscopies which includes diagntostic and therapeutic gastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy and ERCP etc. We can do endoscopy in smallest neonate weighing 3 kg till 18 years of age. We have dedicated team of pediatrician, NICU, PICU and anesthesia. We do all procedures under one roof. Also we have dedicated team for pediatric liver transplant, which will be needed in children for acute liver failure, liver cirrhosis, metabolic liver disease, tumours like Hepatoblastoma or Hepatocellular carcinoma, etc.
Dr. Vishnu Biradar is member of various prestigious societies like European Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (ESPGHAN) & Indian Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (ISPGHAN) and Ex Executive Member 2012-14. He is also life member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP). He was National Convener of IAP module on Nutrition in Health & Disease in year 2014.
He has keen interest in research and his activities include Celiac disease, having unique Celiac registry at Deenanath Mangeshkar hospital, Pune. Currently, he was working on Genetics of celiac disease amongst Maharashtrian population, Newer drug therapies in Hepatitis B Virus infection, Role of immunostaining on liver biopsy in Neonatal Cholestasis etc.
He has been called as national faculty in many Conferences, CMEs and workshops. He has conducted national conference of pediatric gastroenterology at Pune in year 2013 as organizing secretory. He has also conducted workshop on nutrition in health and disease at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune. Each year we are conducting awareness program for celiac disease patients and to community. He has written many articles in leading newspaper on celiac disease, constipation, foreign bodies in children etc.
Grant Medical College,Mumbai University Of Mumbai (2002)
Smt.n.h.l.m.m.c., Ahmedabad Gujrat University
P.D.C.C. in Pediatric Gastroenterology:
Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute Of Medical Sciences,Lucknow.
Fellowship in Pediatric Liver Transplant:
Brimingham Children’s Hospital, UK
Affiliation to Different Societies:
1. Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP)
2. Gastroenterology chapter of IAP
3. European Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (ESPGHAN)
4. Indian Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (ISPGHAN)
1. I have been invited many times as National Faculty at various State and National level CMEs and Pediatric Speciality and Subspeciality Conferences, conducted by Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP) beside attending numerous CMEs, Workshops and Conferences as a Delegate
2. I was Organizing Secretory of 23rd National Pediatric Gastroenterology Conference, Pedgastrocon -2013 held in September 2013 at Pune, Maharashtra (India)
3. I am currently National Convener of IAP TOT (Training of Trainer) module of Nutrition in Health and Disease in year 2014
4. I have worked hard in developing Pediatric Gastroenterology speciality services at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune
5. I have started Celiac disease registry at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune (First of its kind in Maharashtra and Western India ) from year 2011 which had more than 250 cases till date. I also conduct yearly education program for celiac patients and their parents in month of September beside making awareness of disease through electronic media and press.
1. Best poster award in PEDGASTRO Mid-Term Conference in April, 2009 Jaipur
2. First Runner up in Regional Quiz of NNF PG Quiz In NEONATOLOGY, 2007 Baroda
3. First Runner up in 1st IAP Pediatric Quiz for PGs in 2007, Ahmedabad
AREAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST:
1. Celiac disease
2. Liver transplant in children
E MAIL :